Educational Tours and Travel Corporation – founded in 1974, provides custom group travel for preformed groups. Your tour is customized to the destination of your choice and your specifications. Tours typically include air and/or ground transportation, lodging, activities, pre-arranged site visits and included meals, as well as gratuities for all included meals and services.
Additionally, when you travel with Educational Tours you receive:
Access to our experienced staff to assist with outlining the logistics of your tour including, when applicable, arranging performance venues and workshops
Custom tour brochures to distribute to potential interested tour participants outlining your tour
Custom tour posters to assist in promoting your tour
A payment plan allowing tour participants to pay over time
Accounting services tracking participant payments
A final tour itinerary detailing the transportation, hotel(s), activities, meals, services, etc. included in your tour
Program liability insurance
Access to our staff 24 per day throughout the time you are traveling
An option to have an Educational Tours “tour coordinator” accompany you during your tour when included at the time you plan your tour
We adhere to the highest standards and are affiliated with the following professional travel industry associations:
NTA (National Tour Association) is the leading association for professionals serving travelers to, from and within North America. NTA members represent more travel product and have access to more business-to-business networking than in any other association in the industry.
Tour operators based in North America shall:
- Be in compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations and be duly qualified and licensed to do business in each jurisdiction which requires such qualification or licensing.
- Employ, in a senior management position, an individual who has been actively engaged in the business of packaged travel for at least three years.
- Provide statement/verification of financial stability in a form that is approved by and acceptable to NTA.
- Maintain comprehensive general public liability insurance, which covers the operations of a travel and tour company, with minimum limits of $1,000,000 USD with reputable insurance underwriting companies; a comparable, proven self-insurance program may be considered for meeting this requirement upon submission of an annual independent audit.
And any ONE of the following list of options:
- Professional liability, errors and omissions insurance with minimum limits of $1,000,000 USD with a reputable insurance underwriting company.
- Hired/Non-owned auto/motorcoach liability insurance with minimum limits of $1,000,000 USD with a reputable insurance underwriting company. (Tour Operators that own their vehicles/motorcoach(es) should maintain a separate automobile liability policy.)
- Minimum of three years in business as a tour operator
- Automatically provide customers with trip protection insurance
- Proof of escrow of funds
- ISO 9001:2000 certification
SYTA is the non-profit, professional trade association that promotes student & youth travel and seeks to foster integrity and professionalism among student and youth travel service providers.
SYTA’s Mission Statement: SYTA is a dynamic partnership of dedicated professionals passionate in promoting and providing travel experiences for student and youth which enhance their social, cultural, and educational growth. Members of SYTA agree to adhere to the SYTA Code of Ethics listed below.
Code of Ethics
- Honesty and Integrity: SYTA members shall conduct business in a manner reflecting honesty, honor and integrity.
- Truth in Advertising: SYTA members shall be accurate and truthful in representing products and services in all offerings, advertisements, and promotions.
- Disclosure: SYTA members shall disclose in writing to the contracted party all terms, conditions, inclusions and policies of the agreed-to services.
- Commitment to Satisfaction: SYTA members shall strive to resolve all disputes and concerns between its company and its clients.
- Professional Conduct: SYTA members shall conduct their business activities in a professional manner with the general public while maintaining ethical competitive practices.
- Diversity: SYTA members recognize the importance of diversity and will strive to incorporate, promote, and embrace each person’s value and contribution through education, recruitment and sensitivity.
- Compliance with Law: SYTA members shall conduct their business in compliance with all applicable state/province and country laws and regulations.
- Pledge of Loyalty: SYTA members shall pledge loyalty to the Association and agree to pursue and support its objectives.
IATAN is committed to upholding the integrity of the travel industry through its program. IATAN requirements are professional business standards globally recognized by the travel industry.
Key requirements are:
- Proof of legal form of business
- Proof of commitment to travel business via sales & financial standing
- Fiduciary responsibilities
- Errors and Omissions insurance
- Ethical responsibilities
- Qualified staff
- State and local licensing
IATAN’s Mission Statement: IATAN’s mission is to promote professionalism, administer meaningful and impartial business standards, and provide cost-effective products and services that benefit the travel industry.
Through the use of its informational and other resources, IATAN provides a vital link between the supplier community and the U.S. travel distribution network.
ARC is an airline-owned company serving the travel industry with financial services, data products and services, ticket distribution, original travel solutions, and settlement in the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and American Samoa.
ARC accredits travel agencies in the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and American Samoa.