From theme parks to national state parks and everything in between, Southern California is the ideal vacation destination for anyone seeking a unique traveling experience.
1. San Diego Zoo in Balboa Park is one of the only wild animal parks in America where animals freely roam in their own adapted environment within the zoo. The zoo boasts over 4,000 animals and multiple exhibits that include the Elephant Overlook and the Journey into Africa Tour.
2. Disneyland Resort in Orange County features two theme parks: Walt Disney’s original Disneyland Park and the new Disney California Adventure Park. Visitors can enjoy dining, shopping, nighttime entertainment and top rated resorts in addition to the many roller coasters and attractions of the parks.
3. Catalina Island, off of the Southern California coast and only 22 miles from Los Angeles, is accessible via boat or ferry. Two Harbors is a rustic resort village and a popular location for watersport enthusiasts who can enjoy snorkeling, kayaking or diving. The waterfront community of Avalon is a small city ideal for shopping, dining and sightseeing.
4. Hollywood in Los Angeles is a classic attraction for visitors to Southern California. Experience the historic Hollywood sign, go shopping on Hollywood Boulevard, take the walk of fame, or go on a celebrity and movie stars home tour.
5. Joshua Tree National Park features over 800,000 acres of rocky terrain and the popular Joshua Tree that has thrived in the barren climate of the area for decades. Visitors can experience wildlife, nature and hiking trails, nine campgrounds, and challenging rock climbing.
6. Malibu Bluffs Park off of the Pacific Coast Highway in Malibu is ideal for families. Visitors can go whale watching at the whale watch station, go hiking on a number of trails, or enjoy a picnic on the large lawns overlooking the beaches of Malibu.
7. Venice Beach in Los Angeles is perhaps most well-known for the famous boardwalk where you can enjoy the famed people watching, shopping, dining and various entertainment. Be sure to also see the many Venice murals along the boardwalk.
8. Knott’s Berry Farm Theme Park in Buena Park features rollercoasters, the California Market Place with 15 shops and restaurants, live entertainment, and the famous “Mrs. Knott’s Chicken Dinner Restaurant.”
9. Legoland in Carlsbad, just north of San Diego, comes complete with rides and attractions, all made from DUPLO blocks. This destination is for people of all ages seeking a unique and exciting experience.
10. Beverly Hills in Los Angeles has some of the best shopping and dining in the area. Take a walk down Rodeo Drive, see the Beverly Wilshire that was once home to Warren Beatty and Elvis Presley, or go window shopping at one of the designer boutiques along the way.
Educational Tours creates custom tours for groups of all ages and sizes. When you book a trip with Educational Tours, you can be confident your trip is completely customized and unique. Educational Tours offer unique Southern California packages that comes will transportation, activities, lodging and meals.