Creating A Tour
Where do I start?
Call us, we will ask the right questions to plan your tour around your specifics
Do you have a catalog?
We custom design all tours based on your curriculum. We don’t have a catalog with dates that we try to fill. Our tours are on the dates you wish to travel.
- We create a tour, give you a no obligation quote, we take attractions out or add attractions to get the tour exactly the way you wish.
- We help you pick areas, pick restaurants, pick dates of travel, pick attractions, pick how many chaperones you would like included, pick your deposit date and your additional payment dates
- We create a trifold glossy color brochure to sent to you to promote the tour with
- We send those to you along with full size color posters to hang in your studio/school
- You collect the first deposit and application
- You send those to us
- We will then send to each participant a Welcome Pack, a medical release form, an optional insurance application, a Minimum Standards page and payment coupons for the additional payments
- We will send to you a ledger showing how the monies are applied and we will update you frequently as monies come into our office
- Now, you get to sit back and do what you do best, Teach.
- We will communicate with you often regarding questions on your tour, we will send you a rough draft itinerary for review before we finalize all components of the tour
- Once we have everyone’s final payment, approx 4 weeks prior, we will send to you a tour box of tour components including a travel accessory, luggage tag(s), any tickets, any vendor confirmations and all necessary info you need for the tour
Why You Should Use A Tour Operator
Can parents participate on the trip?
The tour leader makes the decision as to how adults can be included in the tour. See the tour leader for details.
Can I be a chaperone?
The tour leader makes the decision as to how chaperons will be selected. See the tour leader for details
What if I don’t want 4 in my room? What will the room up charge be? How is that figured?
Base price is 4 sharing cost of room. Single, Double and Triple room supplement charges are figured on each tour as an option.
Do I have to use your air? Can I do my own?
We offer a “less air” package for those with special air considerations. Your air must match the group air so the group is not inconvenienced.
What are some payment options?
Pay cash discounted tour deposits as scheduled on the brochure, or Pay the full amount with a credit card in full by the first deposit due date.
Can I skip a payment?
You may call our office to make special payment arrangements.
Can I use a credit card?
We offer a payment schedule to each tour and that is a cash discounted price. IF you wish to use a credit card, you must pay for the tour in full and then make the necessary payments to your credit card company.
Why can’t I do a credit card payment over the phone?
For your protection and ours, we require an original signature authorizing us to use your credit card for your full tour payment
Can I make an online payment?
We do not offer online payment options.
Is the deposit refundable?
Per the tour brochure, under terms and conditions, the non refundable processing fee is posted and the cancellation policy is listed as well.
Can I see a breakdown of the cost?
The tour package is an all inclusive tour. Please see the tour brochure for the tour inclusions.
How do I cancel my tour?
Please review the cancel policy on the back panel of the terms and conditions. We require a written notice by mail, email or fax notifying us of your decision to cancel.
What type of refund will I receive?
See the terms and conditions.
My child cannot go on tour, may I send someone in his/her place?
Depending on the date of cancel, we may be able to replace someone on tour. Call for specifics
Who will lead the tour?
The teacher/tour leader who is sponsoring the tour will be the tour director.
How will the tour be chaperoned?
The teacher/tour leader will be determining how many chaperons and who will be chaperoning.
How can we reach our child in an emergency?
You may call ET Tours on our 800 number 24/7 to reach your child.
What type of accident insurance is offered?
We offer optional supplemental travel insurance to each person on tour through a third party. The optional insurance form will be mailed to each participant after receiving your initial deposit and application in a “Welcome Pack”
Are meals with dietary restrictions provided?
We will make every effort to work with each dietary restriction.
When will I see an itinerary?
The tour leader usually sees a rough draft about 2 months prior. The guests typically get the final itinerary about 4 weeks prior to the tour. The Tour leader decides how to distribute those.
Can I make specific air arrangements?
You may in writing ask for special air deviations. We will check and advise as to differentiation in cost and advise and let you pick and choose.
Can I use frequent flier miles?
You may wish to use your miles and line up your own air. Mark the application as a “less air” participant.
What should my child pack?
We send suggested packing lists to the director which they share at parent informational meetings.
How much baggage can my child bring?
We recommend that students bring one suitcase and one carry-on bag. Please remember that students are required to carry their own luggage at times, so keep the weight manageable. The cost for checking baggage is not included in the program price, and travelers should be prepared to pay these fees upon check-in for both departing and returning flights. Please check your airline’s website prior to travel for up-to-date information regarding these fees.
Who does the medical release form go to?
The medical release form is mailed to each participant in the Welcome Pack and should go to the tour director prior to trip departure.
What type of travel docs are required?
School ID for students, drivers licenses for students over 16 and Government issued ID’s for all adults. Birth certificates for all cruises beginning and ending in US ports.
How much spending money should my child bring?
Your child should have enough money for lunch daily and for any incidentals such as souvenirs. In most cases, all activities and most meals are included
Should my child use travelers checks?
Travelers checks are acceptable but not recommended as some areas challenge minors trying to cash Travelers Checks. Cash cards such as Visa or Mastercard work well